James Beard award-winning Outstanding Restaurateur of the Year, Stephen Starr, and Chef Marie Rose from Paris, have just received 2 STARS from the NY TIMES for their new Soho French restaurant LA MERCERIE! La Mercerie is a full service classic French restaurant offering breakfast, lunch, dinner and private dining room events.
Chef Marie’s tremendous experience cooking and leading top-tier restaurants in France coupled with Stephen Starr’s “gift for showcasing talent in high-design, richly textured settings” has made La Mercerie a one-of-a-kind restaurant!
We are now hiring a Sous Chef!
We seek candidates with:
- Flexibility to work day shifts starting at 7am
- Experience in French cuisine
- Experience in managing, mentoring, and coaching a team of cooks
- Experience with administrative tasks including inventory, purchasing, costing, schedule, onboarding
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A long-term commitment to excellence and team success
- A desire to work alongside and learn from industry-leading professionals!
Submit an application today to be considered. We will be conducting interviews immediately!
STARR Restaurants is offering a very competitive base + bonus compensation package, full benefits plan, 401k, 40% dining discount at all of our restaurants, 2 weeks of paid vacation days
To apply for this job email your details to Julia.Mase@starr-restaurants.com