Website Patina Restaurant Group
PATINA RESTAURANT GROUP seeks Chef de Cuisine for Morimoto Asia
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and food service operations in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Patina Restaurant Group is passionately involved with the preservation and promotion of America’s great cultural centers. Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia or Chef Street in Macy’s Herald Square – our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Morimoto Asia is located at The Landing at Disney Springs ®, an entertainment-dining-retail district. With an overhaul and re-branding of this
portion of Walt Disney World ® Resort, Disney Springs ® will present a fresh and new face to the magical kingdom that is sure to be an extraordinary experience.Morimoto Asia is our first collaboration with Chef Masaharu Morimoto and the Japanese master chef’s first pan-Asian restaurant. Morimoto Asia will offer an entirely new experience for our guests, led by the creativity of Chef Morimoto, already one of the most inventive forces in Asian cuisine.
Our culinary destination includes unique exhibition kitchens that showcase traditions like Peking duck carving and dim sum. Morimoto Asia’s eye-catching, 36-foot tall, two-story layout includes lounges, private dining spaces, and an exhibition glass encased kitchen that allows guests a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the culinary action. The second-level has a separate entrance to the sushi
bar and lounge. This exquisite venue is coordinated by our talented team of culinary, beverage, and hospitality professionals who embody this world-class cultural dining experience. Patina Restaurant Group is seeking similarly passionate individuals to share in this vocation with us. We are dedicated to facilitating growth and development of our employees’ careers in all fields.
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
Chef de Cuisine
An immediate opportunity exists for an innovative culinary professional with the ability to that create an experience of inspiring and cutting edge culinary of utmost quality and consumer appeal. Patina Restaurant Group is looking for a Chef de Cuisine to craft menus and dining experiences that reflect the Company brand and constantly elevate our food and beverage standards. This individual oversees all aspects of kitchen operations including cooking, production, inventory, quality control and sanitation across a variety of units. An ideal candidate is a creative leader who can hire, train, and mobilize kitchen and service teams with precision to provide impeccable service to our guests. The individual must represent culinary expertise with refined cooking technique, style, and taste in order to pioneer menu development and excellence.
The Chef de Cuisine must conduct supervisory duties for kitchen staff as well as monitor budgetary controls regarding food and labor costs according to company standards. With these responsibilities, Patina Restaurant Groups offers great opportunities to grow as a professional culinary expert and enjoy a friendly and exciting work environment.
· Craft culinary experiences that reflect the Company brand; constantly look for new and different ways to elevate the Company dining adventures
· Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities of multiple kitchens throughout the company.
· Test and develop new recipes, staying one step ahead of the trends.
· Work directly with the Executive Chef to ensure the highest quality of ingredients are purchased and received.
· Ensure specifics in all recipes and food apportionment for every dish is met and being followed by cooks.
· Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and
sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and employee appearance.
· Provide all kitchen staff with proper training and counseling as needed in accordance with policies and procedures.
· Cook by example; demonstrate culinary techniques and/or methods to kitchen staff or guests.
· Monitor guest satisfaction, ensuring a world class experience.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Chef de Cuisine in a restaurant, hotel, or food and beverage unit with similar style of dining,
capacity and volume.
· Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
· Experience in Asian Cuisine is required.
· Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certifications required.
· Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and budgeting.
· Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
· Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting new dishes, appropriate for the venue’s concept.
· Incredibly innovative mindset that is dedicated to raising the bar on quality and presentation of product.
· Think quickly, multitask, and adapt to changing situations while maintaining the highest quality of product and other established
· Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale
(POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. cooking machinery).
We’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests’ expectations to become part of thewinning team at the
Patina Restaurant Group EOE. PRG employees enjoy competitive compensation packages, major medical insurance options, paid vacations, matching 401K programs, and exciting company dining rewards.
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion,creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Patina Restaurant Group enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive, and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.
To apply for this job please visit patinagroup.csod.com.