Tour, Tasting, & Egg Cream Reception
September 21 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$32
Join New York Adventure Club for a Tour, Tasting, & Egg Cream Reception at the last seltzer factory in New York on Friday, September 21st from 2 PM to 3:30 PM.
This exclusive tour and tasting will take place inside Brooklyn Seltzer Boys, a fourth generation family-owned business in Carnarsie, Brooklyn, that has been hand-filling seltzer bottles and delivering them to customers’ doorsteps for over fifty years.
Led by Alex Gomberg, Vice President of Brooklyn Seltzer Boys, our unique experience will include:
• An overview of the seltzer industry, from its rise and fall, to its recent resurgence
• The history of Brooklyn Seltzer Boys, formerly known as Gomberg Seltzer Works Inc., which has been filling seltzer bottles since 1953
• A private tour through the 65-year-old seltzer factory, which still uses century-old machines capable of filtering and carbonating city tap water with 60 pounds-per-square-inch of carbon dioxide
• A closer look at the seltzer bottle refilling process, from equipment demonstrations to the maintenance of hand-blown siphon bottles from Czechoslovakia and Austria dating back to the 1800s
• A taste test between store-bought fizzy water and artisanal seltzer from the factory line
Afterward, Brooklyn Seltzer Boys will whip up some of their award-winning egg creams, which strike the perfect balance between milk, Fox’s U-bet chocolate syrup, and the best seltzer on the market!
For more details and to purchase tickets to this Tour, Tasting, & Egg Cream Reception, click: www.eventbrite.com/e/tour-tasting-egg-cream-reception-nycs-last-seltzer-factory-registration-48569958052