- This event has passed.
Totally Tomatoes Weekend
August 11, 2018 - August 13, 2018
The summer harvest at the Edible Academy has brought plenty of every ones favorite summer fruit — tomatoes! Bring the family to The New York Botanical Garden to celebrate this delicious seasonal staple at the Totally Tomatoes Weekend. Roll up your sleeves and dig into the fun with hands-on activities throughout the garden at the Edible Academy.
• Check out the Heirloom Tomato display and learn about their histories from experts.
• Pot up a basil seed to take home to enjoy with its famous garden friend the tomato.
• Stop by a gardening or culinary workshop with garden educators and local chefs highlighting the tomato in its many shapes, colors, and sizes.
• Mix up a packet of zesty herbs to add to the tomatoes for bruschetta.
• Live music from local musicians.
• And more!
Admission to the Totally Tomatoes Weekend is included in the All-Garden Pass, so you can enjoy all the Garden has to offer. All-Garden Passes are $28 for adults; $25 for students (with valid ID) and seniors; $12 for children ages 2-12, and free for children under the age of 2.
For more details on the Totally Tomatoes Weekend, click: www.nybg.org/event/totally-tomatoes-weekend