- This event has passed.
Spain’s Great Match: Trade & Press Event
October 4 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Returning to New York for its 25th consecutive year, Wines from Spain presents its iconic Spain’s Great Match. Take part in the country’s largest Spanish cultural celebration highlighting more than 300 wines from leading producers. Organized by the Trade Commission of Spain, Spain’s Great Match is an event in which American importers and distributors of Spanish wines present their top products, new wines and their latest vintages to the American wine industry professionals and media.
This event will feature importer/winery portfolio stations and regional tables. Learn about the most important and lesser-known exciting Spanish grape varieties and regions while tasting your way through Spain or by attending one or more of the tasting seminars.
Schedule of Events
• 11:30 am – 12:30 pm A Tribute to 25 Years of Spain’s Great Match presented by Steve Olson, Wine Educator, with Michael Schachner of Wine Enthusiast, Steve Metzler of Classical Wines, and Jordi Paronella of Think Food Group – Tent
• 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Walk Around Tasting
• 12:45 pm – 1:45 pm Wines of Navarra: Spain’s Undiscovered Gems by Marnie Old, Wine Educator – 4th Floor
• 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Wine-ing Down the Duero River: A Look at Castilla y León by Leslie Sbrocco, Award-winning Author, Speaker, Consultant, and Television Host – Tent
• 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm The Volcanic Terroirs of the Canary Islands by Joshua Greene, Editor-in-Chief, Wine & Spirits – 4th Floor
The trade and media events are complimentary. For more details and registration, click: sgm_ny_2018.eventbrite.com