- This event has passed.
Slow Food NYC Farm-to-Table Dinner
June 21 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm$200 - $215
As per Slow Food NYC, organizer of the Rouge Tomate Chelsea Farm-to-Table Dinner:
Join Slow Food NYC and Rouge Tomate Chelsea for an intimate Summer Solstice farm-to-table dinner highlighting our shared passion for fresh, local and seasonal ingredients.
Each ticket includes a five course meal with wine pairings, during which guests will interact with the purveyors providing the dinner ingredients. Purveyors include Smallhold Minifarms, Upstate Farms, Local Bushel, and Hudson Valley Harvest. This is a delicious opportunity to learn more about the new paradigm of farm to table that’s building a strong, regional food economy.
We’ll start with a celebratory glass of wine and informal conversations at 7 pm, and the sit down dinner will start at 7:30 pm.
The evening’s menu includes:
• Fluke crudo with radish, avocado, lemongrass, chilled rhubarb broth
• Grilled local asparagus with ricotta, honey, almond, mustard cress
• Pan seared tile fish with sorrel, king trumpet, spring peas
• Roast duck breast and confit leg with wild spinach, preserved strawberry, dandelion, farro
• Selection of Sprout creek farm cheese: Margie, Toussaint, Kinkead with cherry marmalade and walnut bread
Tickets are $215 per person; $200 for Slow Food members. All proceeds from this event will benefit Urban Harvest: the Slow Food NYC program of good food education for New York City children at 16 schools around the city and on a tuition-free, educational, urban farm in East New York, Brooklyn. To learn more: www.slowfoodnyc.org/urbanharvest
For more details and to purchase tickets to this Farm-to-Table Dinner, click: www.eventbrite.com/e/slow-food-nyc-rouge-tomate-chelsea-farm-to-table-dinner-tickets-34259501090