- This event has passed.
Second Annual Konamon Festival
October 6, 2018 - October 7, 2018
JAPAN Fes. is hosting its second annual Konamon Festival (Japanese Flour Contest) on the Upper West Side on Saturday, October 6th and in the East Village on Sunday, October 7th.
Konamon is a Japanese flour style of cooking an array of food like Takoyaki, Okonomiyaki, and Yaki-soba.
The Konamon contestants, from Japan and from New York, will be serving their best dish for you to try and then vote for your favorite to determine who will be crowned the King or Queen of Konamon.
Japanese Contestants/Food include:
• Wanaka / Takoyaki
• Chibo / Okonomiyaki
• Chinchikurin / Okonomiyaki
• Sapporo Fugetsu / Okonomiyaki
NY Contestants/Food include:
• Karl’s Balls / Takoyaki
• Osaka-Ya / Okonomiyaki
• Bent-On / Yaki-soba
• DokoDemo / Takoyaki
• Saturday, October 6th — Upper West Side event: Broadway between 115th & 116th Streets. 10am to 6pm.
• Sunday, October 7th — East Village event: 4th Avenue between 9th & 10th Streets. 10am to 6pm.
• Admission is free. Food is cash only: $10 per Konamon dish. Buy 3, get 1 drink free.
For more details on this year’s Konamon Festival, click: japanfes.com