- This event has passed.
Ninth Annual Pig Island
September 8 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pm$85
Food Karma’s ninth annual Pig Island returns to the Brooklyn waterfront in Red Hook on Saturday, September 8th for an all-day pork fest. More than 20 chefs and vendors will be serving up their most creative snout-to-tail dishes made from locally sourced hogs. Pig Island participants is also a competition for chefs with a special ribs challenge this year.
Along with all-you-can-eat pork dishes there will be plenty of craft beer, artisan spirits & ciders and Dusty Wright & The Bush Hogs will be providing the entertainment.
Chefs, Vendors and Special Features include:
• Fletcher’s Brooklyn BBQ Pitmaster Matt Fisher; Rib station
• Hoodoo Brown BBQ, Connecticut
• Roni-Sue’s Chocolates; serving bacon corn with Nueske’s bacon
• Gentle Giant Brewing & Barbecue, Pearl River NY
• Chef Billy Kooper of Route 66 Smokehouse
• Humberto Guallpa of Row House
• Just+Add Beer: Ribs
• Alonzo Santiago of Mexicue
• Route 66 Smokehouse
• Chef Roxanne Spruance of The Kingsley
• Rodrigo Duarte of Caseiro e Bom
• Flying Pigs Farm; multiple stations, guest chefs and culinary students
• Chefs’ Consortium
• Chef King Phojanakong of Kuma Inn and his ICE Students
• Chef Daniel Jacobellis of Top Gun BBQ
• Jake’s Handcrafted
• Jimmy’s No. 43 & East Village Meat Market. Ribs & Corn with Davide Navarro from Mexico City
• Jason Fox of Hudson & Charles Craft Butchers
• La Loncheria / Chefs Danny Mena & Luis Jiménez of La Loncheria. Bushwick
• Chef Jesse Jones, New Jersey
• Friends of the Firefighters, Rib station
• NYC Hot Sauce Company, serving Fire roasted Chile peppers
• Rocket Fuel Sauce
All-inclusive tickets are $75 through August; $85 after September 1st. Children under 12 free with paying adult.
Pig Island 2018’s community partner will be Friends of Firefighters, which is dedicated to addressing the physical, mental health, and wellness needs of active and retired New York City firefighters and their families.
For more details and to purchase tickets to this year’s, click: www.pigisland.com