New York Chefs Celebrate Japan
October 10 @ 7:00 pm
The Gohan Society is hosting their annual benefit, New York Chefs Celebrate Japan, at Meredith’s Exclusive 4th Floor Terrace at Brookfield Place on Wednesday, October 10th. The benefit will featuring the finest chefs in New York City serving up tastings of premium Wagyu beef, sushi, and other delicacies from Japan.
This year’s event will honor Michelin Star Chefs Michael Anthony of Gramercy Tavern in New York City and Shin Takagi of the renowned Zeniya in Kanazawa, Japan. Chef Anthony and Chef Takagi have collaborated in the past, and they are both active supporters of The Gohan Society’s U.S.-Japan Culinary Cultural Exchange Chefs Scholarship Program. They embody the spirit of collaboration between the U.S. and Japan.
Participating chefs include:
• Bouley At Home – Chef David Bouley
• Daniel – Chef Daniel Boulud
• Gabriel Kreuther – Chef Gabriel Kreuther
• Gotham Bar & Grill – Chef Alfred Portale
• Gramercy Tavern – Chef Michael Anthony
• Hearth – Chef Marco Canora
• Chef Shaun Hergatt
• Jacques Torres – Chef Ken Goto
• L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon – Chef Christophe Bellanca
• Lincoln – Chef Shea Gallante
• Marble – Chef Johnny Wooh
• Marc Forgione – Chef Marc Forgione
• Megu – Chef David Rashty
• Morimoto – Chef Masaharu Morimoto
• Oceana – Chef Bill Telepan
• Odo – Chef Hiroki Odo
• Sakagura – Chef Kozo Morohashi
• Satsuki (at Suzuki) – Chef Toshio Suzuki
• Torishin – Chef Atsushi Kono
• Uchu – Chef Samuel Clonts and Chef Eiji Ichimura
• Wokuni – Chef Kuni Yoshizawa
• Worldwide-Soba, Inc. – Chef Shuichi Kotani
• Zeniya (Kanazawa Japan) – Chef Shin Takagi
• Desserts by Gabriel Kreuther, Uchu, and Jacques Torres
• Beverages by Wine of Japan, Brooklyn Kura, and Sake Suki
General admission tickets are $350. VIP admission tickets are $500 and includes early access to Welcome Reception at 6:15pm and complimentary gift bag.
Proceeds will benefit The Gohan Society’s scholarship program, which allows us to send U.S.-based chefs to Japan, where they will experience a truly genuine and unforgettable culinary adventure. To learn more, click: gohansociety.org.
For more details and to purchase tickets New York Chefs Celebrate Japan, click: gohansociety.org/event/new-york-chefs-celebrate-japan-a-benefit-for-the-gohan-society