- This event has passed.
Intermediate Plating & Food Photography
October 27 @ 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm$75 – $95
Listing as per Leisurely, host of Intermediate Plating & Food Photography:
Join us in our beautiful East Village Townhouse, as we learn the art and technique of plating with Chef Jenny Dorsey, a culinary consultant and entrepreneur, a former Chopp’d contestant, Beat Bobby Flay winner, and founder of the supper club, Wednesdays.
We’ll also be joined by food photographer, Petar Mitrovic, who will teach us how to capture the essence of each dish through our cameras and phones. After all, did you really plate a dish if you didn’t post it to the ‘gram?
We’ll be tackling an appetizer of steak tartare and an entree of chicken roulade, with lots of room for variation and adding your own personal spin for each dish. Intermediate plating skills are helpful, but not required. You’ll have plenty of plateware, flatware and linens to create your own styled plate!
Over an hour of our in-depth plating videos featuring Chef Jenny will be included with your ticket.
What You’ll Learn
• The art of arranging on a plate
• Balancing flavors
• How to take your entertaining game to the next level
• How to photograph food
• The tools of the trade (tweezers, squeeze bottles, and more)
Your Ticket Includes
• Hands-on, guided instruction on various plating techniques
• Guided instruction on food photography & photo editing
• Over an hour of follow-along instructional video
How To Prepare
• We’ll be mostly utilizing our smartphones, for photography, so we recommend downloading photo-editing app, Snapseed
• Guidance will still be available for those with DSLRs
• A foundational understanding of plating technique is encouraged, but not required
For more details and to purchase tickets to Intermediate Plating & Food Photography, click: www.leisurelyapp.co/events/plating