- This event has passed.
Fourth Annual Welcome Conference
June 5, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 5:30 pm$225
On Monday, June 5, Anthony Rudolf of Journee and Will Guidara of Make it Nice will host the fourth annual Welcome Conference at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center.
The day-long event will feature some big name chefs, restaurateurs, and food media people from across the country discussing this year’s theme, “Conflict and Change.” The theme covers two different ideas, that are so often linked. With conflict, there is change—the changing of an approach, of a perspective, of a landscape. And with change, there is conflict—the nostalgia for what was, the prescription for what should be, the growing pains of what is.
The speakers at the fourth annual Welcome Conference include:
• Mary Celeste Beall, Proprietor, Blackberry Farm
• Sean Brock, Chef/Partner, Husk, McCrady’s, Minero
• Charles Carter, waiter, Antoine’s Restaurant
• David Chang, Chef/Owner, Momofuku restaurant group
• Frank Guidara, Former CEO, Uno Chicago Grill
• Jordyn Lexton, Founder/Executive Director, Drive Change
• Sam Lipp, Director of Operations/Managing Partner, Union Square Café
• Dr. John Medina, Molecular Biologist and Author
• Richard Melman, Founder/Chairman, Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises
• Gary Noesner, Former FBI Negotiator and Author
• Melanie Whelan, CEO, SoulCycle
The conference runs from from 10:00am – 5:30pm with coffee from Joe Coffee as well as breakfast, lunch, snacks, and canapes from Restaurant Associates. Tickets are $225. The conference will also be live-streamed.
For more details and to purchase tickets to the Fourth Annual Welcome Conference, click: www.thewelcomeconference.com