- This event has passed.
Food Waste Fair Workshop Series
May 16 - May 22$10 – $85
Food Waste Fair 2019 Workshop Series is an interactive experience connecting the hospitality industry in NYC with the resources and knowledge they need to get to zero food waste.
Cook smarter, with creative tips from fellow chefs. Hear from the doers that have transformed their operations. Savor tastes from delicious cuts or products that you might have never considered. See food waste recycling in action.
Scheduled workshops include:
For Professional Chefs and Culinary Directors
• May 20 — From Fin to Tail: Cooking the Entire Fish
• May 21 / 22 — Seeing the Unseen: Using Culinary Innovation to Design Waste Out of the Food System
For Hospitality Managers and Operations Professionals
• May 21 — PART I: Commercial Kitchen Design for Zero Food Waste
• May 22 — PART II: Building A Culture of Zero Food Waste
For Sustainability Advocates and General Public
• May 16 — Wasted! Screening & Director Q&A
• May 20 — A Conscious Kitchen: Reducing Your Carbon Footprint at Home
The cost of the workshops range from $10 to $85 with discounted rates available for low income members of our community. These hands-on skills training takes place offsite in the week leading up to the Food Waste Fair on May 23rd at the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
Proceeds from the Food Waste Fair support programs by the The Foundation for New York’s Strongest, including a microgrant program to help businesses establish food waste prevention, recovery and recycling programs.
For full schedule and ticket options to the Food Waste Fair Workshop Series, click: www.foodwastefair.nyc/workshops-2019