- This event has passed.
Food is Medicine: Unleash your body’s healing potential with Ayurveda
June 25 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm$30
Join Local Roots NYC for an Ayurvedic cooking workshop aptly titled, Food is Medicine: Unleash your body’s healing potential with Ayurveda, on Tuesday. June 25th at 100 Smith in Brooklyn.
As per Local Roots:
Ayurvedic experts will share how seasonal eating can be used as your medicine to keep you balanced as we transition from spring into summer.
Ayurveda is considered to be the oldest healing science as it originated more than 5,000 years ago. In Sanskrit, Ayurveda means, “The Science of Life” and encourages the maintenance of health through close attention to balance in one’s life, right thinking, diet, lifestyle and the use of herbs. Through this workshop, Ayurvedic experts will share how seasonal eating can be used as your medicine to keep you balanced as we transition from spring into summer. Seasonal snacks made with seasonal produce from Local Roots as well as a guide on lifestyle and dietary recommendations, will keep you cool & calm during the summer season.
In this workshop attendees will receive:
• An intro into to the Ayurvedic method including a quiz to ‘discover your dosha’
• A guide for recognizing signs of some of the common health imbalances of summer, ie. Inflammation, skin rashes, sleep disturbances, headaches, irritability
• Lifestyle recommendations to pacify the over-production of heat in the body during summer
• Seasonal recipes designed to bring health for the summer season
• Samples of the recipes using Local Roots produce to eat and enjoy
For more details and to purchased tickets, click: www.eventbrite.com/e/food-is-medicine-unleash-your-bodys-healing-potential-with-ayurveda-tickets-62935422543