- This event has passed.
Feast of Versailles with Yotam Ottolenghi
June 19, 2018 - June 21, 2018
Listing as per the Metropolitan Museum of Art, organizer of Feast of Versailles with Yotam Ottolenghi:
Master chef, food writer, and restaurateur Yotam Ottolenghi sets his sights on Versailles in an edible exploration of power and privilege through pastry, joined by food historian Deborah Krohn. The world’s leading pastry chefs are coming to The Met to create spectacular and imaginative cakes in tribute to the court’s decadent cuisine.
• Dominique Ansel: The endlessly inventive James Beard Award-winning French baker, recently named World’s Best Pastry Chef, has become known for many signature creations including the Cronut®, Cookie Shot, DKA (Dominique’s Kouign Amann), and Frozen S’mores.
• Sam Bompas and Harry Parr: As Bompas and Parr, they are London’s “sensory magicians (CNN),” and masters of food, design and theatrics.
• Dinara Kasko: The Ukraine-based chef takes inspiration from her architectural schooling, and approaches cakes and treats as if they were scale-models of buildings, using 3D-modeling technologies.
• Ghaya F. Oliveira: The Tunisian-born executive Pastry Chef at Restaurant Daniel has reached the pinnacle of the pastry profession, winning the James Beard Award for Outstanding Pastry Chef in 2017.
• Janice Wong: Two-time Asia’s Best Pastry Chef, this Singapore based master focuses on pastry as “interactive, edible art”
Dress for the occasion and enjoy champagne, canapés, and cakes set in scenes created by celebrated event planner Preston Bailey. Come early for a private viewing of the landmark exhibition Visitors to Versailles (1682–1789).
Tickets for $125. The event will be hosted in the Petrie Court Café, which is located European Sculpture and Decorative Arts’s galleries at The Met Fifth Avenue.
For more details and to purchase tickets to Feast of Versailles with Yotam Ottolenghi, click: www.metmuseum.org/events/programs/met-live-arts/ottolenghi-18-spring-1