- This event has passed.
Chocolate Fest 2019: Mother’s Day Edition
May 12 @ 7:00 pm$35
Celebrate Mother’s Day this year at the 92nd Street Y’s Chocolate Fest. Indulge in chocolate tastings from around the world, watch demonstrations, make your own edible creations and, when you’ve had your fill, enjoy special show pricing on purchases to give to mom for Mother’s Day (or take home for yourself)!
Special highlights this year include:
• Chocolate refining in action with DCM’s Premier Chocolate Refiner, making samples of fresh origin chocolate from Peruvian nibs.
• Get interactive and learn to make edible creations from chocolate, with the creator of Chocolate Fashionistas, including tips on her signature decorations using edible modeling chocolate. Chocolate for the Chocolate Fashionista’s activities is provided by Guittard Chocolate, America’s oldest chocolate company still in family hands.
• Remove the husks from freshly-roasted cacao beans and learn first-hand what nibs are, and where they come from.
• Discover the exciting chocolate line being made by Gotham Bar and Grill’s pastry chef Ron Paprocki, including bon bons, his signature Gotham line, and his latest bean to bar tablet bars made right in Gotham’s downstairs kitchens.
• Stefano Demartini of DeMartini Chocolate will be on hand serving up his family’s specialty treats like Giandujotti di Torino, Cremini, and Praline di Cavour, made with Barolo wine.
• Tastings from around the world with special pricing on purchases.
You’ll also the opportunity to meet ‘Bean to Bar Chocolate’ author Megan Giller and ‘On The Chocolate Trail’ author Debbie Prinz.
For more details and to purchase tickets to this year’s Chocolate Fest, click: www.92y.org/event/chocolate-fest