- This event has passed.
Cheese Week 2019
April 28 - May 4
Cheese Week 2019, conceived three years ago by Jean-François Hesse and produced by Transversal FR has released the schedule of events planned for NYC to fete all things Cheese. All of the events are open to consumers and provide an opportunity to explore cheese while tasting a variety of offerings from extraordinary producers. 2019 marks the third year of the event in NYC.
A.O.C. East (1590 1st Avenue)
• April 28 – May 4: Happy Hour the entire week from 4 pm to 7 pm. feature a cheese and wine offering for $15. For reservations, call 646-998-5749.
Bistro Vendôme (405 E 58th Street)
• April 28 – May 4: Cheese and Wine tasting all week long. For reservations, call 212-935-9100.
Bagatelle(1 Little West 12th Street)
• April 28 – May 4: A three-course dinner tasting menu with wine pairing, available all week for $60. For reservations, call 212-488-2110.
Cocotte (110 Thompson Street)
• April 28 – May 4: Cheese and Wine fest throughout the week. For reservations, call 212-965-9100.
French Cheese Board (41 Spring Street)
• May 3: Cheese class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. with Chef Greg from Savencia Cheese USA. This class includes how to create amazing cheese pairings with Saint Agur, Le Montagnard, Le Cayrol, Esquirrou and Saint Andre. For reservations, call 212-302-3390.
Le District (225 Liberty Street)
• April 28 – May 4: The offer is a choice of three cheeses (a cheese plate) and flight of two wines for $35. The cheese options: Excellence Triple Creme, France St. Andre, Le Bonne Vie Chante, La Bonne Vie Goat, St Agur 60%, and St Andre Mini. The two wines are Combe Saint Jean, Bourgogne Chardonnay 2015, and Château de la Dauphine, Delphis Fronsac 2015. For more details, call 212-981-8588.
Murray’s Cheese (254 Bleecker Street and 89 East 42nd Street)
• April 28 – May 4: demonstrations daily, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. For more details, call the Bleecker St. location at 212-243-3289 or the Grand Central Terminal location at 212-922-1540.
Murray’s Cheese Bar (264 Bleecker Street)
• April 28 – May 4: special cheese-and-wine flights all week long. For more details, call 646-476-8882
Rôtisserie Georgette (14 East 60th Street)
• April 28: “Fête du Fromage” Sunday brunch, between noon and 2 p.m. Four courses for $49.
For reservations, call 212-390-8060 or online: www.rotisserieg.com/reservations/
Taste Wine Company (50 3rd Avenue)
• May 2: Sit-down wine and cheese pairing class and tasting from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. for $40. For reservations, call 212-461-1708.
Zabar’s (2245 Broadway)
• April 28 – May 4: demonstrations daily, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• May 2: Join Gourmet Foods International for a tasting of P’tit Basque, Fromager D’Affinois Brie and La Bonne Vie Goat Pyramid, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• May 3: Join Savencia Cheese USA for a tasting of Esquirou, a PDO Ossau Iraty cheese, winner of the 2018 World Championship Cheese contest, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. For more details, call 212-787-2000.
For more details, please contact each of the participating eateries directly.