- This event has passed.
The Big Chocolate Show 2018
September 28, 2018 - September 30, 2018
The Big Chocolate Show returns to New York City for its third year, Friday September 28 through Sunday 30 at The Wyndham New Yorker Hotel. More than 200 chocolatiers, artisans, chefs, authors, purveyors and experts from around the world will be offering chocolate tastings, live demonstrations, book signings and ticketed master tasting classes to attendees all weekend long at this family-friendly event that includes an Adults Only 21+ area.
Here are some of the offerings that guests can choose from at this year’s Big Chocolate Show:
• Legends of Chocolate Awards Friday, September 28; 7 – 10pm
This special industry event kicks off The Big Chocolate Show on Friday, September 28th from 7-10 pm to induct the 2018 Legends of Chocolate class, honoring those whose work impacts our contemporary world of chocolate. This second class of Legends joins 2018 inductees Ed Sanguine, John Scharffenberger, Juan Carlos Motamayor and Sophie and Michael Coe. The 2018 Legends inductees will be announced on September 5th.
• Decadent Evening of Chocolate & Cocktails Saturday, September 29; 8pm – 10pm
During this two hour walk-around tasting, hosted by The Cocktail Guru, guests are invited to visit stations stocked with an array of chocolate-friendly liquor brands that are paired with a selection of bespoke desserts and dishes made by NYC’s premier chocolatiers and chefs. At the bar, chocolate purists and cocktail lovers can taste through signature lines of chocolates while watching some of NYC’s finest mixologists shake, stir and serve custom libations designed to bring out the best in each variety. This event includes unlimited chocolate, pastry, spirit, and cocktail samples.
• Learning Experiences Saturday September 29 and Sunday September 30
Whether a cacao novice or a well-seasoned chocolatier, guests can customize their Big Chocolate Show experience by participating in one of the unique hour long chocolate pairing sessions, demonstrations or tasting seminars on both Saturday and Sunday. After classes and demonstrations, guests will have an opportunity to mingle with talent.
• Legends of Chocolate Awards: A limited number of VIP tickets to this exclusive industry event are available for the general public. Adults, $75.
• All Access Weekend Pass: Designed for the serious chocolate enthusiast, who want to eat drink and enjoy chocolate for the weekend, this pass includes: Legends of Chocolate Awards Ceremony, all four Big Chocolate Show sessions, Decadent Evening of Chocolate & Cocktails, Adults Only 21+ Zone and four Tasting Classes. Tickets: $276.
• Day Pass: Includes both morning and afternoon sessions and two tasting or pairing classes and special access to the Adults Only 21+ Zone on either Saturday or Sunday. Adults, $88.
• Individual Session Tickets: This ticket is for either a morning or afternoon session on Saturday or Sunday. Adults, $25. Children under 12, $15.
• Family Pass: This pass for the family of four for either a morning or afternoon session on Saturday or Sunday. $70.
For more details including a list of tasting classes, demonstrations, and participants, and to purchase tickets, click: www.bigchocolateshow.com