- This event has passed.
Bastille Day on 60th Street
July 9 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
For over twenty years, Bastille Day on 60th Street brings the best of France to New York at the French Institute Alliance Française’s annual street fair commemorating France’s Independence Day.
Shop the French-themed market booths lining 60th Street from Fifth to Lexington Avenues for French delicacies, classic crafts and special gifts. Enjoy sweet and savory crêpes, éclairs, macarons and more at over 70 vendors. Stop by FIAF at 22 East 60th Street during the Bastille Day on 60th Street fête for two ticketed tastings.
• Champagne & Chocolate Tasting / 12:30pm – 2pm • 3pm – 4:30pm / $65-$75
Taste top French champagnes, fine European chocolates, mouth-watering hors d’oeuvres, and watch the UEFA Euro Soccer Final.
• Summer in the South of France Tasting / 12pm – 4:30pm / $25
Taste delicious French wines from Sud de France, beers, summer cocktails, a selection of cheese and charcuterie, and delicious baguettes.
Along with the delicious treats and tastings, this year’s edition will celebrate the City of Paris (Paris je t’aime) with:
• The New York Premiere of Lisa Azuelos’ film Dalida
• Zouk Lesson with Franck Muhel
• Prize drawing, including dream vacations to Paris & Martinique
• Libres ensemble Slam & Rap performance featuring Napoleon Da Legend & Webster LS
• DJ OI, French DJ Olivier Stark
• CanCan Dancing
• Concert by French opera singer David Serero
• Hungry March Band
• and more!
To purchase tasting tickets and for more details on this ear’s Bastille Day on 60th Street, click: www.bastilledayny.com