- This event has passed.
AgTech & Food Innovation Pitch Contest
September 26, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$5
Listing as per The Downtown Brooklyn Partnership, organizer of Make It In Brooklyn – AgTech & Food Innovation Pitch Contest:
The Make It In Brooklyn AgTech & Food Innovation Pitch Contest showcases a top selection of NYC’s food and agtech startups. Agriculture and food is undergoing a digital revolution and increasingly we’re seeing digital-based solutions for growing, producing, and eating food. Food innovators and startups are using data and technology to make food production more sustainable, efficient and profitable.
Five finalists will pitch to a panel of judges. One winner will take home $5,000 + the opportunity to go on to pitch to Wholefoods + in-kind legal services provided by the Brooklyn Law Incubator and Policy Clinic (BLIP) and the Center for Urban Business Entrepreneurship (CUBE) at Brooklyn Law School.
The five finalists:
• Breukelen Rub is a Brooklyn-based spice company. The spice blends namesakes are Brooklyn neighborhoods. The signature flavor, the East New York Blend, is named after the hometown of owner, Chef J.D.
• Food Moves is a marketplace that connects mobile food vendors, including food trucks, farmers’ markets, and specialty food vendors, to consumers and suppliers. It is our mission to provide clarity and efficiency to this fragmented and underserved industry.
• Food Period helps women have great periods, naturally. Made in Brooklyn, their functional food products make it convenient (and delicious) for women to follow nutrition protocols to support and improve their menstrual cycles.
• Grow Computer is powering the next agricultural revolution by building smart and user-centric IoT-enabled products for the farmers of the future.
• We Are The New Farmers is the next generation urban farm sustainably growing foods of the future for health conscious consumers.
Your ticket includes drinks and snacks, and time to network with NYC startups and entrepreneurs, investors, and folks from the NYC tech ecosystem.
For more details and to purchase tickets to AgTech & Food Innovation Pitch Contest, click: www.eventbrite.com/e/make-it-in-brooklyn-agtech-food-innovation-pitch-contest-tickets-49367891693