- This event has passed.
2019 James Beard Foundation Gala
November 15 @ 6:30 pm$500
The 2019 James Beard Foundation Gala: Good Food for Good will spotlight chefs and other culinary leaders who aim to make our future more delicious, diverse, and sustainable for everyone. The event will showcase chefs who embody the leadership, diversity, and tenacity that the James Beard Foundation supports everyday through our Scholarship, Women’s Leadership, Smart Catch, and Impact programs.
The annual black-tie fundraiser will take place Friday, November 15th at The Pierre Hotel and feature a collaborative dinner by some of the countries best chefs, fine wine pairings and live music throughout the evening. Silent and live auction packages will support the James Beard Foundation’s mission and program.
The evening will honor Deann and Rick Bayless, for their commitment to promoting positive kitchen culture and their support of a more sustainable restaurant industry and Debevoise & Plimpton, for their outstanding legal support of the Foundation.
Participating chefs include:
• Host Chef Ashfer Biju, The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, NYC
• Host Pastry Chef Michael Romano, The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, NYC
• JBF Award Winner Karen Akunowicz, Myers + Chang, Boston
• Jennifer Hill Booker, Your Resident Gourmet, Atlanta
• Kristen Essig, Coquette, New Orleans
• Meg Galus, BOKA, Chicago
• JBF Award Winner Gavin Kaysen, Demi, Minneapolis
• Ed Kenney, Mud Hen Water, Honolulu
• Ann Kim, Young Joni, Minneapolis
• Preeti Mistry, Oakland, CA
• Paul Reilly, beast + bottle, Denver
• Michael Stoltzfus, Coquette, New Orleans
The black-tie event will begin with a reception and silent auction at 6:30 P.M., followed by dinner and live auction at 8:00 P.M. Tickets begin at $500.
For more details and to purchase tickets to the 2019 James Beard Foundation Gala, click: www.jamesbeard.org/events/the-2019-james-beard-foundation-gala