- This event has passed.
2017 MOFAD Spring Benefit Dinner
April 13 @ 6:00 pm$750
Join the the Museum of Food and Drink for this great cause and great celebration of food education: this year’s MOFAD Spring Benefit Dinner on April 13. The theme this year is “Immigrant Cultures, American Cuisine” and ticket sales benefit the museum’s future exhibitions and programs.
The evening will begin with an immersive tasting showcase of immigrant dishes at 6pm. These small plates will take you from El Barrio to Chinatown to Crown Heights and more, weaving a path though New York City’s neighborhoods. Then, at 8pm, guests will sit down to an elegant dinner of immigrant story-inspired dishes specially prepared by some of the nation’s most iconic chefs, each sharing their own personal immigration story. The benefit dinner also includes cocktails by Dave Arnold, wine selections by Jeffrey Porter and a live auction. Plus, included in the ticket price, dance, drink and snack at the MOFAD Night Market Afterparty at the City Winery, 10:30pm-1:30am.
• Manish Mehrotra of Indian Accent
• Marcus Samuelsson of Red Rooster and Streetbird
• Floyd Cardoz of Paowalla
• Mina Pizarro of L’Appart
NYC Immigrant Showcase:
• Chinatown: Chris Cheung of East Wind Snack Shop
• El Barrio: Manolo Lopez of Mofongo
• Bay Ridge: Marhaf Homsi + Nawal Wardeh of Syrian Sweet and Refuge
• Le Petit Sénégal: Pierre Thiam of Pierre Thiam Catering
• Crown Heights: Rawlston Williams of The Food Sermon
• Williamsburg: Andrew Gerson of Brooklyn Brewery
Hosted by Gail Simmons and chaired by Alex Guarnaschelli, this year’s Spring Benefit will be honoring Ruth Reichl, award-winning author and editor.
For more details and to purchase tickets to the 2017 MOFAD Spring Benefit Dinner, click: www.benefit.mofad.org