- This event has passed.
16th Annual Big Apple Barbecue Block Party
June 9 - June 11
Celebrating 16 years, the Big Apple Barbecue Block Party returns to Madison Square Park and surrounding streets Saturday and Saturday, June 9 and Sunday, June 10 from 11am to 6pm each day. The free-to-attend weekend-long celebration of the craftsmanship of authentic pit barbecue and its Southern culinary traditions – features over a dozen of the country’s most acclaimed pitmasters including:
• Jean Paul Bourgeois of Blue Smoke, New York, NY
• Joe Duncan of Baker’s Ribs, Dallas, TX
• Billy Durney of Hometown BBQ, Brooklyn, NY
• Jonathan Fox & Justin Fox of Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q, Atlanta, GA
• Ash Fulk of Hill Country, New York, NY
• Sam Jones of Skylight Inn/Sam Jones BBQ, Ayden, NC
• Chris Lilly of Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Que, Decatur, AL
• Pat Martin of Martin’s Bar-B-Que, Nashville, TN
• Mike Mills & Amy Mills of 17th St. BBQ, Murphysboro, IL
• Ed Mitchell & Ryan Mitchell of Ed Mitchell’s Que, Raleigh, NC
• Garry Roark & Leslie Roark Scott of Ubon’s Barbeque. Yazoo City, MS
• Erika Nakamura & Jocelyn Guest, New York, NY
• Scott Roberts of Salt Lick BBQ, Driftwood, TX
• Rodney Scott of Rodney Scott’s BBQ, Charleston, SC
• John Stage of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, New York, NY
• John Wheeler of Memphis Barbecue Co., South Haven, MS
Admission is free for this weekend of award-winning barbecue, Southern-inspired fare, live musical performances, beer and wine gardens, interactive programming, sampling, product demonstrations, and more. Barbecue is sold directly at each pitmasters’ station for $12 per plate. Beer, wine, sides, and dessert are available for purchase.
If you want to bypass the crowds, there will be a limited number of FastPasses available for $125, guarantees exclusive access for two to the express lanes throughout the weekend, and includes a value of $100 towards food, beverages, and merchandise. Additionally, guests can choose a Big Wig VIP Pass for $275, which includes FastPass credentials for you and a guest + access to a private VIP area and open bar.
Proceeds from the event benefits the Madison Square Park Conservancy. To date, the Big Apple Barbecue Block Party has raised over $1.6 Million for the organization.
For more details on this year’s Big Apple Barbecue Block Party, click: www.bigapplebbq.org