10th Annual Pig Island
September 7 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pm$65 – $75
Food Karma’s 10th annual Pig Island returns to the Brooklyn waterfront in Red Hook on Saturday, September 7th for an all-day pork fest. More than 20 chefs and pitmasters will be serving up their most creative snout-to-tail dishes made from locally sourced hogs. Pig Island is also a friendly competition among participants with celebrity judges awarding prizes for Best Hog, Best Dish, Best Degustation, Best Pork Butt/Shoulder Dish, Best Bacon, Best Sausage and more!
Along with all-you-can-eat pork dishes there will be plenty of craft beer, hard cider, spirits, and other food offerings. Dusty Wright Band will be providing the entertainment throughout the day.
CHEF / PITMASTER LINEUP:
• Cenobio Canalizo and Eric Springer of Morgan’s BBQ, New York
• Corey Cash of Cash Only BBQ, New York
• Rodrigo Duarte of Caseiro e Bom, New Jersey
• Jason Fox of Hudson and Charles, New York
• Jase Franklin of Jase BBQ, New York
• Humberto Guallpa of Freemans Restaurant, New York
• Tank Jackson of Holy City Hogs, South Carolina
• Chef Jesse Jones,”POW! My Life in 40 Feasts”
• Billy Kooper of Route 66 Smokehouse, New York
• Jeff Lutonsky and Meghan Love of Mable’s Smokehouse, New York
• Thomas Perone of The Pig Guy, New York
• Carl Ruiz and Mario Chape of La Cubana, New York
• Roxanne Spruance, The Bucher on The History Channel, New York
• Phile Wingo of Porkmafia
• Matthew Worgul of Gentle Giant Barbecue, New York
• Danny Mena of La Loncheria, New York will be competing in addition to promoting his newest cookbook, Made in Mexico: The Cookbook: Classic And Contemporary Recipes From Mexico City.
• Flying Pigs Farm in Washington Country, NY will have a chef station featuring a special guest!
• Jean Paul Bourgeois, former executive chef and pitmaster at Blue Smoke will be doing a special skillet demo over open fire.
Early bird all-inclusive tickets are $65 and will be increasing to $75 later this summer. Children under 12, free with paying adult.
Pig Island’s charitable partner for the 2nd year, will be Red Hook, Brooklyn based Friends of Firefighters, which is dedicated to addressing the physical, mental health, and wellness needs of active and retired New York City firefighters and their families.
For more details and to purchase tickets to this year’s Pig Island, click: www.eventbrite.com/e/pig-island-nyc-2019-brooklyn-tickets-55494267849