• Thursday , 30 March 2017

The Last Leg Of The FMC Insanity Tour. Finally Some Adventure!

Sunset on the beach in Key West, FL

Sunset on the beach in Key West, FL


Battman’s French Master Chef Insanity Tour, Last Leg, February 18th, 2017 – I’m at JFK Airport waiting for my flight to Miami, on my way to Key West to take ph’ood with French Master Chef Franck Garanger, on the Marina Cruise Ship. Hunger followed me to the airport, so I bought a Ceasar Salad. It was in a plastic container with the dressing in a small round container inside. That container was kind of slippery so when I tried opening it, something happened. It was so quick … I’m not sure what happened but the dressing seemed to explode all over my shirt pants and sneakers. I had no change of clothes with me except a t-shirt. I used a lot of napkins and I looked pretty clean but the smell of the dressing was quite obvious.

Now I’ve got to board the plane wondering what the people sitting next to me will be thinking about the odor. For whatever reason, I was given the only business class seat that stands alone (I didn’t pay for business class). No worries, no neighbors. I arrive in Miami and go directly to Avis to pick up my car. When I reserved it in New York the only one they had was a minivan.  In Miami, I asked if they had a smaller car. An SUV was offered but I wanted something smaller. I got a compact. I figured that I’d drive for a few hours and then find a place to sleep. I had to meet the chef at 9 am. It was around 11 pm and I was ready to sleep. I didn’t realize that it was President’s Day Weekend. NO PLACE TO SLEEP! Every room was booked. I wish I had kept the minivan. Sleeping in a compact car didn’t cut it.                                

February 19th – I arrived at the boat at 9 and took the ph’ood. Got an impressive tour of the boat and then the Chef wanted me to have lunch with him. Several people said it would take 3 hours to get back to the airport.  Well, it was more like 4 1/2 hours. I missed my plane. At the airport, I was directed to the wrong place by 4 people and I missed the next plane. I finally boarded the next plane and not 5 minutes after everyone was seated the pilot announced that everyone had to leave the plane because one of the tires had to be changed. I arrived home at 1 am Just in time to take care of some business and get on the next flight to Montreal at 6 am the next morning.

— Battman 




Related Posts

Leave A Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.