Our site’s original content featuring David Burke
Position: Executive Chef, Restaurant Owner, Partner
Education: Meilleur Ouvrier de France (M.O.F.) , 1988, Culinary Institute of America, 1982
Awards: Culinary Award of Excellence, Robert Mondavi (1996), James Beard Foundation Award for Who’s Who of Food and Beverage in America, Chef Magazine – “Chef of the Year” (1998)
Restaurants: After a year and a half of being off the grid David is working on 6 new restaurant concepts. David Burke has distinguished himself as a celebrity chef, entrepreneur, inventor and author. Burke graduated from the Culinary Institute of America, and soon thereafter traveled to France where he completed several stages with notable chefs such as Pierre Troisgros, Georges Blanc and Gaston Lenôtre. Burke’s mastery of French culinary technique was confirmed when, at age 26, he won France’s coveted Meilleurs Ouvriers de France Diplome d’Honneur for unparalleled skill and creativity with his native cuisine. Burke returned to the U.S. as a sous chef for Waldy Malouf at La Cremaillere and then for Charlie Palmer at The River Café, where he ascended to executive chef and earned three stars from The New York Times. In 1992, Burke opened the Park Avenue Café with Smith & Wollensky CEO Alan Stillman, and then, in 1996, he became vice president of culinary development for the Smith & Wollensky Restaurant Group.
- Throw Back Thursday-Who Is This Chef? - He he is in his mom’s kitchen cookin’. It’s David Burke of course. Check Out David’s Bio
- David Burke: One Of The Most Inventive Chefs Ever Has Some Of The Funniest Stories Ever. - Chef and Restaurant Owner David Burke talks fire, floods, blackouts, and eyeballs.
- Burke Is Back! – David Burke -Chef Diaries - Chef David Burke was MIA for a little while but he's back and at the top of his game.
- It’s Picture Perfect Monday With Photos From The Great Bagel & Lox Book - Bagels and lox by Marcus Samuelsson, Jacques Torres, Anita Lo, and Eric Ripert? Yes please!
- Photo Gallery: New York Sweets 2 - New York is the sweetest. Admit it.
- Photo Gallery: Summer in New York 1 - Forget what summer looks like? These chefs will remind you.
- Photo Gallery: Pasta 2 - One plate, many pastas.
- David Burke and Charlie Palmer from the Beginning – Video - Video - reminiscing about their early days at The River Café.
- David Burke - Bio and links to all our chef content.